Welcome to Varsity Lakes Paddlers Club Home Page
Formerly Nerang River Canoe Club, VLPC moved to the Varsity Lakes Boat Shed in October 2011 and changed its name to reflect the support of the local community.
In keeping with tradition, however the club maintained the club colours of red, white and black and the new logo reflects this combination of the old and the new.
Club members have competed in Marathon & Sprint races, which are held by clubs throughout Brisbane, North & South Coast’s and Northern NSW.
The Club has several Coaches available for learners, and for the more experienced – training sessions & technique improvements.
We provide all relevant information on races that you may be interested to compete in.
This sport is great for fitness or we can get you ready for some competition if that’s what your after.
- 2021 PQ State Championships Jan 5, 20212021 State Championships – 6th & 7th of February, 2021 The 2021 Paddle Queensland State Championships will showcase Sprints, Marathon and Canoe Polo, at the beautiful Lake Kawana, Sunshine Coast. All attendees and participants must adhere to the COVID-19 social distancing rules recommended by QLD Health Entries are open, REGISTER NOW! ENTRIES CLOSE: Midnight on Sunday […]
- PQ Christmas Closure Dec 18, 20202020 PQ Christmas Closure The Paddle Queensland office will close from 4pm on Friday 18th December 2020 and will reopen on Monday 4th January 2021. The PQ Board and Staff would like to extend their warmest wishes to all Paddlers and their families during this festive season. We are looking forward to a busy […]
- 2021 Event Calendar Dec 14, 20202021 Event Calendar Please note: Specific event information will be released in the lead up to the event. 2020 Paddle Queensland Yearly Event Calendar Any questions please contact Eden on 0408 901 900 or firstname.lastname@example.org nt Calender
- 2020 Virtual Series Champions Dec 9, 2020Given the circumstances with COVID-19, Virtual Series was created to ensure our Paddlers continued to paddle! This was a great success and all athletes really seemed to enjoy it. Therefore, it will be back in 2021! 2020 10k & 5k Virtual Series Champions The Journeyman was awarded to the participants that showed great commitment and […]
- 2020 PQ Paddle Fest Nov 11, 2020Welcome to the Gold Coast PaddleFest 5th & 6th of December, 2020 Our aim at Paddle Queensland is to get more people paddling, more of the time. Does not matter what type of Paddle Sport, we support it. We work alongside Paddle clubs throughout Queensland, to bring both fun and competitive events to the […]
- Paddle Australia and State Paddle Associations Collaborate to Implement the United Paddling Management Project Jan 12, 2021In June 2019, with the support of Sport Australia, Paddle Australia and its six State Paddle Associations committed to pursuing the ‘United Paddling Management’ (UPM) project. The purpose for undertaking the UPM project was to introduce consistent whole of sport processes, procedures and systems that reduce duplication and improve efficiency across the workstreams of strategy, […]
- Paddle Australia’s Canoe Slalom Australian Open and Canoe Sprint Grand Prix 2 Important Update Jan 8, 2021In line with our previously published guidelines, Paddle Australia has been considering the options for hosting of the Australian Open, scheduled to take place at Penrith Whitewater Stadium on 12th to 14th February 2021 and the PA Canoe Sprint Grand Prix 2, scheduled to take place at Sydney International Regatta Centre on 19th to 21st February […]
- Update on the 2021 PA Canoe Slalom Age Championships Dec 22, 2020Paddle Australia would like to update the Slalom community on the status of the 2021 Paddle Australia Canoe Slalom Age Championships. Regretfully, the decision has been made that these National Championships cannot proceed on the proposed dates of 15-17 January, 2021. In July of this year, Paddle Australia published on the PA website a set […]
- PA Office Closure Dec 17, 2020The Paddle Australia office will close on Wednesday 23rd December 2020, reopening on Monday 4th January 2021. If you have any membership or event entry enquires, please email email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond within 24-48 hours. If it is urgent, please text Duncan Tweed at 0435 968 423. We wish paddlers and their families […]