Welcome to Varsity Lakes Paddlers Club Home Page
Formerly Nerang River Canoe Club, VLPC moved to the Varsity Lakes Boat Shed in October 2011 and changed its name to reflect the support of the local community.
In keeping with tradition, however the club maintained the club colours of red, white and black and the new logo reflects this combination of the old and the new.
Club members have competed in Marathon & Sprint races, which are held by clubs throughout Brisbane, North & South Coast’s and Northern NSW.
The Club has several Coaches available for learners, and for the more experienced – training sessions & technique improvements.
We provide all relevant information on races that you may be interested to compete in.
This sport is great for fitness or we can get you ready for some competition if that’s what your after.
Weather for Varsity Lakes
- Entries now open for the PA 2022 Canoe Marathon Championships. Mar 17, 2022On behalf of Paddle Australia (PA), the PA Canoe Marathon Technical Committee, and the entire paddling community, we are delighted to welcome you to the PA 2022 Canoe Marathon Championships proudly supported by Major Events Gold Coast. Click here to download the event booklet. Not a Member? Click here to Signup! If your event is […]
- PA Canoe Sprint + Paracanoe Teams for 2022 Mar 4, 2022Paddle Australia (PA) has announced the athletes who have been selected to the Senior, Paracanoe and U23 National teams for 2022. Following selection at the 2022 PA Canoe Sprint Grand Prix 2 earlier this month, PA has selected a 10-strong Senior National team, with an additional 10 athletes to the U23 World Championship team, and […]
- State Championships Postponed Feb 28, 2022Dear Paddlers, I hope you are doing well during the current times. While the worst of the weather seems to be behind us, the ongoing effects to the community are still likely to be felt over the next month. We are aware some of our member clubs have been heavily impacted during the weekends events and […]
- Are you the next QAS Sprint Kayak Head Coach? Feb 28, 2022Paddle Australia, in conjunction with the Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS), is seeking a Sprint Kayak Head Coach. The role of the Head Coach will be to provide effective coaching, technical leadership and a quality performance environment to identified sprint kayak athletes within Queensland (QLD) and to develop talented sprint kayak athletes who demonstrate the […]
- You for 2032! Feb 17, 2022The Queensland Academy of Sport’s You for 2032 program is Australia’s largest athlete talent identification program. You for 2032 is a quest to find and develop athletes to win on the world stage at the 2032 Brisbane Olympic and Paralympic Games. About the program The program aims to identify aspiring athletes aged 13 to 23 […]
- STATE GLORY ON FINAL DAY OF 2022 PA CANOE SPRINT CHAMPIONSHIPS May 22, 2022State glory was on the line on the final day of the 2022 PA Canoe Sprint Championships, with the crowd favourite state versus state K4 races rounding out the five day competition. 225 competitors went head-to-head across more than 290 races at West Lakes in Adelaide for the 2022 edition of the Championships. For full […]
- GOING THE DISTANCE ON DAY FOUR 2022 PA CANOE SPRINT CHAMPIONSHIPS May 21, 2022Beautiful conditions once again greeted paddlers from across the country to West Lakes for the 2022 PA Canoe Sprint Championships today. Athletes tested themselves and their endurance, with the longer 1000 distance races the focus on the fourth day of competition. For full results – click here For 12-year-old Carlito Vesely from Sydney’s Manly Warringah […]
- Day three action from the Paddle Australia Canoe Sprint Championships May 20, 2022Stunning conditions in Adelaide once again greeted competitors on day three of the Paddle Australia Canoe Sprint Championships, with plenty of Club glory on the line in the team boat events. Athletes also had the opportunity to test their speed, with the 200 metre distance the focus of the day. For full results – click […]
- CANOE SPRINT INTERNATIONAL SEASON SET TO KICK OFF THIS WEEKEND May 20, 2022The first Canoe Sprint international competition for the season kicks off in Racice, Czech Republic, this weekend with 12 Aussies set to line up for the three day event. More than 500 athletes from 50 countries and five continents have entered the World Cup, and for some countries including Australia, it will be their first […]