Welcome to Varsity Lakes Paddlers Club Home Page
Formerly Nerang River Canoe Club, VLPC moved to the Varsity Lakes Boat Shed in October 2011 and changed its name to reflect the support of the local community.
In keeping with tradition, however the club maintained the club colours of red, white and black and the new logo reflects this combination of the old and the new.
Club members have competed in Marathon & Sprint races, which are held by clubs throughout Brisbane, North & South Coast’s and Northern NSW.
The Club has several Coaches available for learners, and for the more experienced – training sessions & technique improvements.
We provide all relevant information on races that you may be interested to compete in.
This sport is great for fitness or we can get you ready for some competition if that’s what your after.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Paddlers and Paddle Clubs Mar 26, 2020Paddle Queensland recommend you continue to make yourself aware of information in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and adhere to the below Paddling Guidelines. Wednesday, 1 April 2020. Dear Paddle Queensland Members and Member Clubs, The following guide is to support our community and ensure exercise and participation in paddling continues to play an integral part […]
- Active and Healthy Programs Suspended Mar 24, 2020COVID-19 As a result of advice from the Australian and Queensland Governments to cease non-essential gatherings and ensure social distancing protocols are applied, Brisbane City Council has suspended all Active and Healthy sessions from tomorrow (25 March) until 30 June 2020. To keep updated on the latest developments for Recreation and Education porgrams please monitor […]
- Pacific Coast Paddle Series Update Mar 21, 2020Races 1 and 2 – POSTPONED To confirm, Races 1 and 2 of the Pacific Coast Paddle Series have been postponed due to COVID-19. To keep up to date on the latest developments regarding the Pacific Coast Paddle Series, please monitor the Pacific Coast Paddle Series and Paddle Queensland Facebook pages, as well as Paddle Queensland’s […]
- Postponement of Races 1 and 2 of the Pacific Coast Paddle Series. Mar 15, 2020Sunday, 15th March 2020 Postponement of Races 1 and 2 of the Pacific Coast Paddle Series. To the Paddling Queensland Community, The whole world is experiencing a unique situation and Queensland is not spared in the face of the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). In view of the situation in this evolving environment, and in line […]
- Casual Guides & Instructors Wanted Mar 4, 2020Paddle Queensland is recruiting casual Guides and Instructors for their recreation programs. Job Description We run programs for local Councils, Schools and Recreation Camps You will need to be outgoing, friendly and prepared to chat to participants You will be required to unload and reload canoes/kayaks, assist with the safety briefing and running the programs Applicants […]
- 2021 Dates Confirmed for Tokyo Games Mar 31, 2020The International Olympic Committee (IOC), the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the Government of Japan today agreed new dates for the Games of the XXXII Olympiad, in 2021. The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will be celebrated from 23 July to 8 August 2021, and they also […]
- Paddle Australia Update: 2020 International Competition Calendar Canoe Slalom, Sprint, Paracanoe Mar 30, 2020Paddle Australia Update: 2020 International Competition Calendar Canoe Slalom, Sprint and Paracanoe This is an update on the current situation regarding international tours that had been planned for athletes who have recently been selected to respective teams to attend upcoming international competitions. The ICF recently provided an update on the coronavirus situation and its effect on […]
- Canoe Sprint Paddlers Confirmed for Tokyo Olympics Mar 27, 2020Fourteen canoe sprint paddlers have been officially selected to the Australian Olympic Team, becoming the first athletes selected since confirmation of the Games postponement until 2021. Seven athletes will make their Olympic debut, a further six selected for their second Games, and London 2012 gold medallist Murray Stewart making his third Olympic Team. The Australian […]
- Update 3 – 27th March 2020 – Paddling Restrictions, Closures & Event Cancellations Mar 27, 2020