Welcome to Varsity Lakes Paddlers Club Home Page
Formerly Nerang River Canoe Club, VLPC moved to the Varsity Lakes Boat Shed in October 2011 and changed its name to reflect the support of the local community.
In keeping with tradition, however the club maintained the club colours of red, white and black and the new logo reflects this combination of the old and the new.
Club members have competed in Marathon & Sprint races, which are held by clubs throughout Brisbane, North & South Coast’s and Northern NSW.
The Club has several Coaches available for learners, and for the more experienced – training sessions & technique improvements.
We provide all relevant information on races that you may be interested to compete in.
This sport is great for fitness or we can get you ready for some competition if that’s what your after.
- 2020 Queensland State Sprint Flatwater Championships Dec 20, 2019ENTRIES NOW OPEN The 2020 Queensland State Sprint Championships will be held on Saturday 11 January 2019 at Wyaralong Dam.EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION FEE (Until 31 December 2018) $75 for Open (inc U23, vets 35/45/55) $55 for Junior (U12-U18) and Vets 65+ $10 for Ocean Ski (1000m only) REGISTRATION FEE (1 January – 5 January): $95 […]
- 2020 Paddle Education Courses Dec 20, 2019Paddle Queensland’s 2019 Education Open for Booking Do you or anyone you know looking for Nationally Accredited paddling qualifications? Paddle Queensland offer a range of Leader Training and Assessment courses for people seeking professional certification in paddling environments. The Paddle Australia Qualification Scheme is the industry benchmark certification designed to meet the needs of the […]
- Upcoming School Holiday Programs Dec 12, 2019Upcoming School Holiday Programs January School holiday programs are now open for booking. All equipment and instruction is provided, perfect for beginners or those with experience. CHILLOUT A great opportunity to get the kids out paddling and exploring our waterways. Get a group of friends together or come on your own for three hours of […]
- 2020: A new era for Paddle QLD Nov 14, 2019Dear Paddle QLD Community, It is my pleasure to provide you with the following report on the technical committee structure for next year. The PQ Board, office staff and former committee members have been working hard to give these committee’s a new look, as well as trying to bring new paddlers / members onto the […]
- 2019 Paddle Queensland Award Winners Oct 30, 2019We had our Paddle Queensland Awards Night last month and are delighted to announce the winners. Included is a small excerpt from their nomination form detailing their suitability for the award. Congratulations to all of our winners! Paddler of the Year: Luke Chapman “Luke is a fit and athletic young man who has been […]
- 2020 Canoe Slalom National Development Squad in Action at Whitewater Festival Feb 19, 2020The 2020 Canoe Slalom National Development Squad (NDS) was recently announced following a selection process including the Canoe Slalom Age Championships on the Mersey River in Tasmania, the Paddle Australia Canoe Slalom Senior Championships in Penrith and a two-day Selection Camp held at Penrith mid-January. The camp displayed great improvement in the overall standards and […]
- World’s Best Olympic Slalom Paddlers to Contest 2020 Sydney International Whitewater Festival Feb 17, 2020The world’s best Olympic canoe slalom paddlers have arrived in Sydney to contest the 2020 Sydney International Whitewater Festival at Penrith Whitewater Stadium this weekend (21-23 February 2020). Exactly five months out from the start of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Jessica Fox, Australia’s dual Olympic medallist and greatest individual slalom paddler of all time, will […]
- 2020 Canoe Marathon Selection Criteria Supplement – Released! Feb 16, 2020Paddle Australia (PA) has published the selection criteria supplement for the 2020 PA Canoe Marathon team. The teams will compete at the 2020 ICF Canoe Marathon World Championships to be held at Baerum, Norway from 27th – 30th August 2020. Click here to view the selection criteria supplement If you have any questions in regards […]
- Olympians and Olympic Hopefuls Impress at 2020 Oceania Canoe Sprint Champs Feb 16, 2020Olympians & Tokyo 2020 Hopefuls Impress at First Round of Selection Trials at Oceania Canoe Sprint Championships Five months out from the Tokyo 2020 Games, Australia’s canoe sprint paddlers have wrapped up the 2020 Oceania Canoe Sprint Association’s Canoe Sprint Continental Championships and Olympic qualifier securing five additional Olympic canoe sprint quota spots and setting a first […]