Welcome to Varsity Lakes Paddlers Club Home Page
Formerly Nerang River Canoe Club, VLPC moved to the Varsity Lakes Boat Shed in October 2011 and changed its name to reflect the support of the local community.
In keeping with tradition, however the club maintained the club colours of red, white and black and the new logo reflects this combination of the old and the new.
Club members have competed in Marathon & Sprint races, which are held by clubs throughout Brisbane, North & South Coast’s and Northern NSW.
The Club has several Coaches available for learners, and for the more experienced – training sessions & technique improvements.
We provide all relevant information on races that you may be interested to compete in.
This sport is great for fitness or we can get you ready for some competition if that’s what your after.
- Pacific Coast 10K Paddle Series – Round 1 Times & Round 3 Details Sep 16, 2020The Pacific Coast 10K Paddle Series has been developed to support our Paddle Clubs, their members and the wider paddle sports community return to organised competition in these challenging times. Round 1 was held on Sunday August 9 by the Sunshine Coast Paddlesports Club. Name Gender Age Club Craft Time Andrew Bavage Male 42 Sandgate […]
- 2020 Paddle Queensland Annual Awards Sep 13, 2020Dear Paddle Queensland Affiliated Clubs, Life Members, Individual Members, Registered Instructors, Guides, Coaches and Officials. Each year Paddle Queensland holds its awards program to recognise individuals and clubs that have made a significant contribution to the development of paddle sports in Queensland. Nominations for the 2020 Awards period from 1st October 2019 to 30th September […]
- Round 4 Times – Pacific Coast Paddle Series Sep 13, 2020The Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Virtual Series was developed to support our community and ensure exercise and participation in paddling continues to play an integral part of maintaining physical and mental health. The Round 4 times are below: Name Gender Age Series Club Craft Time Andrew Bavage Male 42 10k Sandgate Paddle Club K1 44:39.3 […]
- Round 4 Club Championship – Pacific Coast Paddle Series Sep 13, 2020The Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Virtual Series was developed to support our community and ensure exercise and participation in paddling continues to play an integral part of maintaining physical and mental health. The Club Championship Ladder positions after Round 4 are below: Club Sessions Points Currumbin Creek Paddle Club 247 2470 Sunshine Coast Paddlesports Club […]
- Round 3 Times – Pacific Coast Paddle Series Sep 12, 2020The Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Virtual Series was developed to support our community and ensure exercise and participation in paddling continues to play an integral part of maintaining physical and mental health. The Round 3 times are below: Name Gender Age Series Club Craft Time Jason Keating Male 50 5k Sunshine Coast Paddlesports Club K1 […]
- Olympians Celebrate 20th Sydney 2000 Anniversary at Penrith Whitewater Stadium Sep 17, 202020 years on from the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games canoe slalom competition, current and past Olympians came together at Penrith Whitewater Stadium today to celebrate 20 years of Olympic legacy. Sydney Olympians Robin Bell and Kai Swoboda, Rio Olympians Lucien Delfour and Ian Borrows were joined by Sydney 2000 Canoe Slalom Head Coach and Olympian Richard Fox, Sydney 2000 Team Manager Noel Harrod, Australian […]
- Celebrating Olympic Legacy at Penrith Whitewater Stadium Sep 16, 2020Thursday, 17 September 2020 marks the 20th anniversary of the start of the Sydney 2000 Olympic canoe slalom competition at Penrith Whitewater Stadium. Olympic dreams came to life at the purpose-built “River of Dreams” during 17 – 20 September 2000 with the world’s attention on Sydney and Penrith during this time. Since then, the Olympic legacy venue […]
- Aussie Coaches and Athletes checking in for RU OK?Day Sep 10, 2020Sport is at the centre of many communities across Australia and this R U OK?Day, Thursday 10 September, coaches and athletes are encouraging everyone involved in sport from high performance to grassroots level to check in with one another, and ask R U OK? It has been a challenging year for everyone, making it even more important […]
- #MySydney2000 – Remembering Paddling and More at Sydney 2000 Sep 8, 2020It’s time to raid the family photo albums, shoeboxes and storage spaces for that special memory of the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games as the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) and Paralympics Australia (PA) launch the #MySydney2000 social media campaign to capture the spirit of both events. Australians who lived through the Games – and […]