Welcome to Varsity Lakes Paddlers Club Home Page
Formerly Nerang River Canoe Club, VLPC moved to the Varsity Lakes Boat Shed in October 2011 and changed its name to reflect the support of the local community.
In keeping with tradition, however the club maintained the club colours of red, white and black and the new logo reflects this combination of the old and the new.
Club members have competed in Marathon & Sprint races, which are held by clubs throughout Brisbane, North & South Coast’s and Northern NSW.
The Club has several Coaches available for learners, and for the more experienced – training sessions & technique improvements.
We provide all relevant information on races that you may be interested to compete in.
This sport is great for fitness or we can get you ready for some competition if that’s what your after.
Weather for Varsity Lakes
- PQ Canoe Sprint Championship and Schools Championship – Cancelled Nov 30, 2022Unfortunately due to the predicted weather on the Sunshine Coast for Saturday and Sunday, Paddle Queensland has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2022 Canoe Sprint and School Sprint Championships. State TeamFor those who are still interested in the Queensland State Team, Paddle Queensland will conduct a selection event … PQ Canoe Sprint Championship […]
- PQ Canoe Sprint Championship and Schools Championship – Update Nov 28, 2022The Paddle Queensland Canoe Sprint and Schools Championships will take place at Lake Kawana on the Sunshine Coast on Saturday the 3rd and Sunday the 4th of December. Paddlers from eight to eighty (and beyond) have entered to race two full days of sprint action over 500m and 200m. ScheduleThere … PQ Canoe Sprint Championship […]
- APSU Pacific Coast SUP Series Results – 12 km Nov 10, 2022Following the completion of the inaugural 2022 APSU Pacific Coast SUP Series, it is my pleasure to present the results for the 12 km Medium Course. OPEN Male Name Club Position Paul Stumer Paddle Queensland 1 Jon Easdown BrisSUP 2 OPEN Female Name Club Position Trish West Paddle Queensland 1 … APSU Pacific Coast SUP […]
- APSU Pacific Coast SUP Series Results – 18 km Nov 10, 2022Following the completion of the inaugural 2022 APSU Pacific Coast SUP Series, it is my pleasure to present the results for the 18 km Long Course. OPEN Female Name Club Position Michelle Kennedy BrisSUP 1 Chloe Walkerdene Paddle WA 2 40+ Male Name Club Position Brett Swann BrisSUP 1 David … APSU Pacific Coast SUP […]
- Pacific Coast Marathon Series Results – 6 km Nov 10, 2022Following the completion of the 2022 Pacific Coast Marathon Series, it is my pleasure to present the results for the 6 km Short Course. Division 1 Name Club Position Will Stewart-Edwards Currumbin Creek Paddlers Club 1 Thomas Kerkow-Hill Currumbin Creek Paddlers Club 2 Rick Fullarton Paddle Queensland 3 Tom Knight … Pacific Coast Marathon Series […]
- IOC Coaches Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 presented to canoe coach Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi Dec 1, 2022The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has awarded its Coaches Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 to Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi (France/Australia, canoe) and Malcolm Brown MBE (Great Britain, triathlon) for their outstanding support for and mentoring of Olympic athletes. Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi has been coaching for 25 years, leading her athletes to 12 world titles and four Olympic medals. Myriam […]
- OLYMPIC CHAMPION KEN WALLACE ANNOUNCED TO LEAD AUSTRALIAN 2023 PACIFIC GAMES Nov 30, 2022The Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) has announced the appointment of three Olympians to key roles ahead of next year’s Pacific Games and the 2024 Winter Youth Olympic Games. Olympic champion kayaker Ken Wallace will lead Australia’s Solomon Islands 2023 Pacific Games team as Chef de Mission with Olympian and water polo bronze medallist Amy Hetzel […]
- CEO BLOG – NOVEMBER 2022 Nov 29, 2022November is an exciting time for the paddling community, with the summer season and holiday period fast approaching. As the weather starts to warm up, it’s a good time to remind everyone of the importance of being safe in, on and around water. With the holiday season also comes celebration, and a great opportunity to […]
- AOC announces Olympics Unleashed in Queensland extended until 2025 at 1,000th Olympian school visit Nov 22, 2022The AOC welcomed the three-year extension of their partnership with the Queensland Government of Olympics Unleashed, bringing Olympians into Queensland classrooms across the state. The extension was announced at Wellers Hill State School marking the 1,000th Olympics Unleashed school visit in Queensland, with dual Olympian Alyce Wood and newly announced Australian Olympic Team Chef de Mission […]