Welcome to Varsity Lakes Paddlers Club Home Page
Formerly Nerang River Canoe Club, VLPC moved to the Varsity Lakes Boat Shed in October 2011 and changed its name to reflect the support of the local community.
In keeping with tradition, however the club maintained the club colours of red, white and black and the new logo reflects this combination of the old and the new.
Club members have competed in Marathon & Sprint races, which are held by clubs throughout Brisbane, North & South Coast’s and Northern NSW.
The Club has several Coaches available for learners, and for the more experienced – training sessions & technique improvements.
We provide all relevant information on races that you may be interested to compete in.
This sport is great for fitness or we can get you ready for some competition if that’s what your after.
- Welcome to the Pacific Coast 10K Paddle Series Aug 1, 2020The Series has been developed to support our Paddle Clubs, their members and the wider paddle sports community return to organised competition in these challenging times. The 10K Series will include three races during August, September and October 2020. Race Fees: PA/PQ Member Rates: Senior: $25, Junior $15 Non-Member Rates: Senior: $45, Junior $25 Race 1: Sunday August […]
- Notice of Annual General Meeting Jul 27, 2020Hello Paddle Queensland Members, It is my pleasure to invite you to the 2020 Annual General Meeting. Due to COVID-19 restrictions only 20 participants are able to attend at Sports House. If you wish to attend in person please RSVP at your earliest convenience. Places will be allocated once received. Members will also be able […]
- Approved Aquatic Sport Sector Industry COVID Safe Plan Jun 15, 2020The QSport Aquatic Sports group representing all relevant water sports worked together to facilitate a viable reopening and resumption of aquatic sports across Queensland. Based on the collaboration of the group with input from QSport staff, Queensland Government Sport and Recreation staff and representatives from other aquatic industry groups and stakeholders secured the following: Relaxation […]
- Stage 2 : Return to Play Summary (1st June) May 26, 2020Paddle Queensland, the board of management and technical committees are developing Return to Play strategies in preparation for Stage 3, where normal community sport operation will resume following the most recent advice from the Queensland Government. In preparation for Stages 2 and 3, Paddle Queensland has reviewed and summarised the Restrictions for Sport, Recreation, and […]
- Introducing the Paddle Support Package from Paddle Australia and your State Paddle Association May 13, 2020PADDLERS AND CLUBS TO BENEFIT FROM SUPPORT PACKAGE Paddle Australia and their six State Paddle Associations have worked together to introduce a Paddle Support Package aimed at helping Clubs and Members during the COVID-19 crisis. Launched under the new ‘Paddle Australia – With You On The Water’ branding, the package includes four key elements to […]
- 2020/21 National Competition Calendar Update Jul 29, 2020In conjunction with the various Discipline Technical Committees (DTCs), Paddle Australia has been working to progress the calendar for National Level Competitions for the 2020/21 season. There is no doubt that these are challenging times for organising competitive sport and PA is extremely grateful for those who continue to dedicate their time to finding competition […]
- Canoe Slalom Team Paddlers Stay Focussed with One Year to Go to Tokyo Jul 29, 2020Paddle Australia’s Olympic canoe slalom paddlers were supposed to be at the Tokyo 2020 start line this week for the Olympic canoe slalom competition, which was originally scheduled to take place from 26 – 31 July 2020. But with the postponement of the Games by a full year back due to the coronavirus pandemic, Jessica Fox (NSW), Daniel […]
- What to Wear When Paddling Jul 29, 2020Outer layers, inner layers, clothes for warm weather, clothes for cool weather: we’ve put together some tips for what you should consider wearing when you’re getting ready for your next paddle. Clothing Paddling can be done in all weather conditions – from humid tropical heat waves to alpine blizzards. It is important however that paddlers […]
- AIS and Black Dog partner to improve mental fitness in young Australians Jul 27, 2020Australian Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games athletes, including three Australian Paddle Team athletes, are joining the fight to help reduce rates of mental health issues in young Australians as part of a new community partnership between the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and Black Dog Institute. Designed to help young people manage their mental health […]