Welcome to Varsity Lakes Paddlers Club Home Page
Formerly Nerang River Canoe Club, VLPC moved to the Varsity Lakes Boat Shed in October 2011 and changed its name to reflect the support of the local community.
In keeping with tradition, however the club maintained the club colours of red, white and black and the new logo reflects this combination of the old and the new.
Club members have competed in Marathon & Sprint races, which are held by clubs throughout Brisbane, North & South Coast’s and Northern NSW.
The Club has several Coaches available for learners, and for the more experienced – training sessions & technique improvements.
We provide all relevant information on races that you may be interested to compete in.
This sport is great for fitness or we can get you ready for some competition if that’s what your after.
- Stage 2 : Return to Play Summary (1st June) May 26, 2020Paddle Queensland, the board of management and technical committees are developing Return to Play strategies in preparation for Stage 3, where normal community sport operation will resume following the most recent advice from the Queensland Government. In preparation for Stages 2 and 3, Paddle Queensland has reviewed and summarised the Restrictions for Sport, Recreation, and […]
- Introducing the Paddle Support Package from Paddle Australia and your State Paddle Association May 13, 2020PADDLERS AND CLUBS TO BENEFIT FROM SUPPORT PACKAGE Paddle Australia and their six State Paddle Associations have worked together to introduce a Paddle Support Package aimed at helping Clubs and Members during the COVID-19 crisis. Launched under the new ‘Paddle Australia – With You On The Water’ branding, the package includes four key elements to […]
- Pacific Coast Virtual Series Apr 19, 2020Dear Paddle Clubs and members, It is my pleasure to present the 2020 Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Virtual Series. The Series has been developed to support our Paddle Clubs, their members and the wider paddle sports community in these challenging times. The Pacific Coast Virtual Series provides Paddle Clubs with a product to help engage […]
- COVID-19 Guidance for Paddlers and Paddle Clubs (Update 6: 15th May) Mar 26, 2020Paddle Australia Updates Update 6 – 15th May 2020: Guidelines for Paddle Clubs. Paddle Queensland recommend you continue to make yourself aware of information in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and adhere to the below Paddling Guidelines. Tuesday, 19 May 2020. Dear Paddle Queensland Members and Member Clubs, The following guide is to support our community […]
- Active and Healthy Programs Suspended Mar 24, 2020COVID-19 As a result of advice from the Australian and Queensland Governments to cease non-essential gatherings and ensure social distancing protocols are applied, Brisbane City Council has suspended all Active and Healthy sessions from tomorrow (25 March) until 30 June 2020. To keep updated on the latest developments for Recreation and Education porgrams please monitor […]
- Provisional 2020/21 National Competition Calendar Jun 5, 20201 Introduction 1.1 The COVID-19 pandemic has caused significant disruption to paddling events around the world. In Australia, our paddle clubs have been closed and all competitions cancelled, including several National Championships that were scheduled to be held in the first six months of 2020. 1.2 We are now seeing some easing of restrictions and […]
- Coaches Appointed for 2020 ICF Canoe Polo World Championships Jun 5, 2020The PA Canoe Polo Technical Committee is extremely pleased to announce the appointment of Craig Hutchinson as the Coach of the Australian Men’s Team and Rebecca Jennings as Coach of the Australian Women’s Team which will compete at the 2020 ICF Canoe Polo World Championships in Rome, Italy. The 2020 ICF Canoe Polo World Championships […]
- Return to Paddling – Infographic Posters Jun 5, 2020
- Tips for Packing a Sea Kayak Jun 4, 2020If you are new to sea kayaking, new to overnight trips, or just haven’t gone out in a while, below are some tips and tricks that may help you when packing for your next adventure. General Assume your hatches will get wet, no matter how they have performed in the past. Use several small dry […]