Welcome to Varsity Lakes Paddlers Club Home Page
Formerly Nerang River Canoe Club, VLPC moved to the Varsity Lakes Boat Shed in October 2011 and changed its name to reflect the support of the local community.
In keeping with tradition, however the club maintained the club colours of red, white and black and the new logo reflects this combination of the old and the new.
Club members have competed in Marathon & Sprint races, which are held by clubs throughout Brisbane, North & South Coast’s and Northern NSW.
The Club has several Coaches available for learners, and for the more experienced – training sessions & technique improvements.
We provide all relevant information on races that you may be interested to compete in.
This sport is great for fitness or we can get you ready for some competition if that’s what your after.
Weather for Varsity Lakes
- Pacific Coast Marathon Series Results Nov 25, 2023After four rounds of competition it is my pleasure to announce the 2023 Pacific Coast Marathon Series Champions. To view the full results of each distance, please scroll to the end of the section to download. Long Course Name Class Gender Events Points Tony Bowman 45-49 SKI Male 2 101 … Pacific Coast Marathon Series […]
- Pacific Coast Ocean Racing Series Results Nov 24, 2023After four rounds of competition it is my pleasure to announce the 2023 Pacific Coast Ocean Racing Series Champions. To view the full results of each class, please scroll to the end of the section to download. Name Class Gender Events Points Helen Chorley 40 SS1 Female 3 205 Luke … Pacific Coast Ocean Racing […]
- 2023 Canoe Sprint Championships Results Nov 14, 2023Saturday 11 to Sunday 12 November 2023 It was great to be back on the water and see over 70 athletes take to the water over 200/500/1000/2500/5000 events. Saturday’s Results Sunday’s Results Click on each to download. State Team Selection for 2024 Nationals• Athletes who wish to be considered for … 2023 Canoe Sprint Championships […]
- 2023 Canoe Sprint School Championships Results Nov 14, 2023Friday 10 November 2023 What an amazing day of racing! While the weather impacted our final session of the day, we were able to run over 100 events and the results are below: Results Click to download. 2023 Canoe Sprint School ChampionsOver 19 schools were represented on Friday with Elanora … 2023 Canoe Sprint School […]
- 2023 Canoe Sprint School Championships Nov 7, 2023Friday 10 November 2023 On behalf of Paddle Queensland and the Canoe Sprint Technical Committee, it is my pleasure to welcome you to the 2023 Paddle Queensland Canoe Sprint School Championships at the SYC Oxenford Watersports Centre. Draw v4 (9/11/23) Click to download. Course Map Click to download Volunteers NeededTo … 2023 Canoe Sprint School […]
- AIS releases Sun Safe guidelines for the sporting summer Dec 7, 2023The Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) has joined forces with Paddle Australia and the nation’s peak expert bodies on skin cancer and UV radiation to ensure everyone involved in sport, from volunteers to Olympians and Paralympians, are Sun Safe this summer. Developed alongside Paddle Australia, Cancer Council, Melanoma Institute of Australia, and Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety […]
- Paddle Pathways – Get to Know Sprint Kayak World Champion Jackson Collins Dec 5, 2023AFL rookie turned Sprint Kayaker, Jackson Collins developed his love for paddling as a surf lifesaving nipper. With his sights now firmly set on Paris 2024 and achieving his Olympic dream, the 25 year old relocated to the Gold Coast almost 18 months ago where he trains under Men’s Sprint Kayak Coach, Jimmy Owens, at […]
- 2023 ICF CANOE OCEAN RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS COMES TO A STUNNING CLOSE IN PERTH Dec 2, 2023The 2023 ICF Canoe Ocean Racing World Championships has come to a stunning close, with the first ever SS-2 (Doubles) world champions crowned on the final day of competition at Perth’s Scarborough Beach. More than 60 crews teamed up to represent their country in the first ever official SS-2 race, it’s second appearance at an […]
- 2023 ICF Canoe Ocean Racing World Championships SNR, JNR, Para and U23 medalists Dec 1, 2023Congratulations to our 2023 ICF Canoe Ocean Racing World Championships Senior, Para, U23 and Junior medalists. OVERALL MEN’S Cory Hill (AUS) Hank McGregor (RSA) Joshua Fenn (RSA) OVERALL WOMEN’S Jemma Smith (AUS) Michelle Burn (RSA) Kira Bester (RSA) SENIOR MEN’S Cory Hill (AUS) Joshua Fenn (RSA) Oscar Jones (AUS) SENIOR WOMEN’S Jemma Smith (AUS) Melanie […]