Welcome to Varsity Lakes Paddlers Club Home Page
Formerly Nerang River Canoe Club, VLPC moved to the Varsity Lakes Boat Shed in October 2011 and changed its name to reflect the support of the local community.
In keeping with tradition, however the club maintained the club colours of red, white and black and the new logo reflects this combination of the old and the new.
Club members have competed in Marathon & Sprint races, which are held by clubs throughout Brisbane, North & South Coast’s and Northern NSW.
The Club has several Coaches available for learners, and for the more experienced – training sessions & technique improvements.
We provide all relevant information on races that you may be interested to compete in.
This sport is great for fitness or we can get you ready for some competition if that’s what your after.
Weather for Varsity Lakes
- Paddler Jun/Aug 23 May 28, 2023The Official Journal of Paddle Queensland Paddler Jun/Aug 23 Following the tireless work of past administrations and the value placed on the members journal QANOE, Paddler will continue the legacy and tradition that QANOE provided the Queensland paddling community by providing members and subscribers with the latest paddling news and … Paddler Jun/Aug 23 Read […]
- 2023 Annual Awards, it’s time to celebrate! May 23, 20232023 Paddle Queensland Annual Awards, It’s time to celebrate! On Saturday the 19th August, Paddle Queensland will host the 2023 Annual Awards in Oxenford recognising and celebrating the outstanding achievements of the community and provide an opportunity to reflect on the year that was. Paddle Queensland members can provide nominations … 2023 Annual Awards, it’s […]
- 14 Beaches Ocean Race May 14, 2023Welcome to the 14 Beaches Ocean Race hosted by Paddle Queensland. The 14 Beaches Ocean Race is the first Queensland event on the Shaw and Partners Australian Ocean Racing Series calendar, the third race of the Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Ocean Racing Series and will also triple as the 2023 Ocean Racing State Championships. The … 14 Beaches Ocean Race […]
- Moreton Bay Ocean Paddle Results May 13, 2023Welcome to the Moreton Bay Ocean Paddle hosted by the Brisbane Paddling Club on the 13th May. The Moreton Bay Ocean Paddle is the first race of the Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Ocean Racing Series. The Pacific Coast Ocean Racing Series will bring the Queensland Ocean Racing community together across four events … Moreton Bay Ocean Paddle […]
- QLD Paddler News. May-June May 9, 2023Hello paddlers, We hope 2023 is treating you well? To help ensure you can experience the wide array of paddlesport opportunities available to you, the following events have been collated for your reference. We look forward to seeing you on the water! Yours in paddling, Scott SharplesExecutive Officer May16th : 9 – … QLD Paddler News. May-June […]
- Paddle Pathways – Get to know C1 paddler Kaylen Bassett May 31, 2023He originally followed his younger brother into the sport of canoe slalom, but when Kaylen Bassett talks about the support of his Paddle Australia “family”, he’s referring well beyond the immediate Bassett clan. Kaylen says his sporting highlight was making his first World Cup semi-final in Slovenia last year, in the same event where his […]
- CEO BLOG – MAY 2023 May 31, 2023May has been yet another busy month for Paddle Australia, marking the return to international competition for many athletes, with plenty happening on the home front as well! It has been fantastic to see our #OneTeam return to the world stage this month at first two Canoe Sprint World Cups of the season in Hungary […]
- AUSSIES READY AND RARING TO GO AHEAD OF 2023 ICF CANOE SLALOM WORLD CUP 1 May 31, 2023The Australian Canoe Slalom team are ready and raring to go ahead of the 2023 ICF Canoe Slalom World Cup 1 in Augsburg, Germany this week. The eight-strong Australian team will be headlined by Olympic gold medalist Jessica Fox and dual Olympian Lucien Delfour. The first World Cup event of the season will kick off […]
- OLYMPIC ROWER EYES OFF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS OF A NEW KIND May 30, 2023He’s a seven-time world champion and three-time Olympic gold medalist in the sport of rowing, but now James Tomkins is preparing for a challenge of a different kind. Since retiring as an elite athlete, Tomkins has been searching for ways to keep himself active, finding himself in an ocean ski. “I got involved when one […]