Welcome to Varsity Lakes Paddlers Club Home Page
Formerly Nerang River Canoe Club, VLPC moved to the Varsity Lakes Boat Shed in October 2011 and changed its name to reflect the support of the local community.
In keeping with tradition, however the club maintained the club colours of red, white and black and the new logo reflects this combination of the old and the new.
Club members have competed in Marathon & Sprint races, which are held by clubs throughout Brisbane, North & South Coast’s and Northern NSW.
The Club has several Coaches available for learners, and for the more experienced – training sessions & technique improvements.
We provide all relevant information on races that you may be interested to compete in.
This sport is great for fitness or we can get you ready for some competition if that’s what your after.
- 2020 Australian Marathon Championships Feb 21, 2020Entries are open for the 2020 Paddle Australia Canoe Marathon Championships to be held in Geelong, Victoria from 16 to 19 April 2020. Please note the competition has been extended by one day to allow for Short Course races on the Friday morning. Team Leaders – Due to the Short Course races on the Friday the […]
- 12 Towers – Race 1 PQORS Feb 21, 2020The 12 Towers Paddle Festival will be held between Friday the 6th to Sunday the 8th March and is the first race of the 2020 Paddle Queensland Ocean Racing Series. For more details on the event please click here.
- Paddle Queensland 2020 Ocean Racing Series Feb 21, 20202011 saw the first ever ocean racing series in Queensland and Northern NSW. The series was a coming together of several established events who joined forces to become part of the then Pacific Ocean Series. In 2019 the series underwent major changes including a new name, new events and new partnerships with Paddle 2 Fitness […]
- Tingalpa Trot Feb 21, 2020Wynnum Redlands Canone Club presents the 2020 Tingalpa Trot! For 30 years paddlers have raced from the mouth of Tingalpa Creek through ‘the narrows’ and ‘down the straight’ to the centre of Capalaba. On the 8th March, its your turn! Choose: 5km or 10km distance Enjoy: BBQ food and drinks at the finish Share in: […]
- Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Series Feb 20, 2020The 2020 Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Series dates are below. More information regarding the Series can be found here RACE #1 Sunday 22nd March – Brisbane Canoeing RACE #2 Sunday 5th April – Varsity Lakes RACE #3 Sunday 17th May – Sunny Coast Petrie Pursuit RACE #4 Sunday 7th June – Sandgate Paddlers RACE #5 Sunday 5th […]
- Fox and Delfour Make it Daily Double Feb 23, 2020Delfour and Watkins (provisionally) join Fox to target Tokyo 2020 Australian Canoe Slalom Paddlers win three Gold, one Bronze at 2020 Australian Open Canoe Slalom It was a golden finish for Australia’s Olympic canoe slalom paddlers at the 2020 Australian Open Canoe Slalom with Rio Olympian Lucien Delfour (NSW) and dual Olympic medallist Jessica Fox (NSW) making it a daily […]
- Watkins Provisionally Secures Tokyo 2020 Ticket Feb 22, 2020Gold & Bronze for Fox and Watkins at 2020 Australian Open Canoe Slalom It was an exciting day for Australia’s Olympic canoe slalom paddlers at Penrith Whitewater Stadium with Tasmanian Daniel Watkins provisionally securing his spot in the C1 men for his first Games and also making his first Australian Open Canoe Slalom podium and taking home […]
- Olympic Door Remains Open at Canoe Slalom Selection Trials Feb 21, 2020Australian Open Canoe Slalom – Sydney International Whitewater Festival, Penrith Whitewater Stadium, 21-23 February 2020 Nerves were running high when the Australian Open Canoe Slalom as part of the 2020 Sydney International Whitewater Festival got underway at Penrith Whitewater Stadium on Friday with the event doubling up as the second and final round of Olympic selection […]
- Paddle Australia Event Entry Waiver Updated Feb 20, 2020Why is there an event entry waiver? Paddle Australia, our State Paddle Associations and our affiliated Clubs offer a range of fantastic events, competitions and programs to both members and non-members alike. You can get a feel for many of these great events by checking out the event browser and the calendar on the […]